Wednesday, April 13, 2005


Arms Race

China is beefing up its military capabilities, much to the alarm of the US and Japan, in the race to secure more resources and energy. It seems no one can stop, and and our power-mad leaders are dragging us willy-nilly toward World War III to preserve the “modern way of life.” Fault the Chinese if you like, but their leaders are no worse than those of any other country. The whole of human history has been a mad race for power, domain, resources, energy, slaves, and what have you.

Let me offer you a choice between two alternatives. (1) Go back to a lifestyle like that in the early 20th century, or maybe even the 19th century. (2) Send your children to the battlefield to win resources and energy to support the modern way of life.

I know what my choice is. I love my kids enough to choose (1). And I know that the modern way of life can’t continue for long, anyway.

What’s your choice?

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?