Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

Consumption Mania

I’m sure you’ve seen those little statues in knickknack shops: A man sitting on the porcelain throne, trousers down around his ankles, doing his job, and a little sign reads, “The only man in Washington who knows what he’s doing.” It’s indeed a perennial truth.

A case in point is Senator Charles Grassley, who, in my humble opinion, is a certified idiot. According to the good senator, Americans are entitled to consume lots of energy, and the way to improve our standard of living is consume more! Says this remarkable solon:
And when I turn the light switch on, I want the lights to go on, and I don’t want somebody to tell me I gotta change my way of living to satisfy them.
So there! Grassley is going to consume, and the rest of humanity can freeze in the dark! Which is exactly the arrogant, ignorant, and selfish attitude that is going to bring America down. And when it crashes, there will be no outpouring of sympathy from the rest of the world.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?