Friday, October 02, 2009

 

Sweet Sign of the End Times?

As the global economy continues to crumble, as the ranks of the unemployed continue to swell, and as industrial civilization accumulates still more rust, we are informed that World’s largest sweet shop to open in Dubai. Never let it be said that the global economy won’t go out in style. This is impressive if for no other reason that it shows how we humans like to live it up in our last hours. Most impressively:
In addition to its sweets, the 10,000 square foot store features a huge 10-metre singing chocolate tree decorated with lollipops.
That really “takes the cake,” so to speak. If I were going to the UAE, I would definitely put this on my itinerary. And now I think I will have an ice cream cone. You never know when it will be my last...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?